Wednesday 2 November 2011

30-300-30 NO. 1

Tell one story about yourself that would best provide us, either directly or indirectly, with an insight into the kind of person you are. For example, the story can simply relate a personal experience, or a humorous anecdote; it can tell about an especially significant academic encounter or about an unusual test of character. The possibilities are unlimited (well, almost so). You choose. Just relax and write it. (Princeton) 
Studying in a School in midst of 1000 kids where I was one of the four Christian students in a school where Hinduism, was promoted, made my life different than the normal students who attended the school. The country of Nepal was a Hindu country where Christians did have hard times in their belief. My teachers did not accept being different because of what I believed in and, the belief I had was different. I as a Christian did not worship what they worshipped or follow the cultures that the rest of the grade followed. The passion I had towards music was no ordinary than the rest of my friends yet, my learning process had to be different.
 I always wanted to play the Piano like my best friends did and from third grade, we were allowed to take music of our choice. I decided to take Piano lessons.  I signed up for Piano the first day. Our regular classes started from the following day. Early in the morning, I had to go for my Piano lessons. I was excited and full of enthusiasm. Then I entered the music building. I walked towards the piano room. My Piano teacher was there. Expecting to learn something in the Piano, I started smiling at him. He did not have the smile in his face. He began his lesson by forcing us to bow before the instrument and take that instrument as your God or the first priority in your lives.
 I was disappointed because I knew that the God I believed in had the first Priority in my life and that I would only bow before My God. I told my teacher about how I was a Christian and that My God had the first priority in my life and that I would not want to bow before the instruments. My teacher got furious and told me that I would never ever be able to play the Piano and told me to leave the room. I was hurt and left the room.
 Although it was painful, I learned something about myself and that was my faith in my God. The music lesson incident showed to the World about who I was and I am. No matter what I will always have the faith I had. And that makes me a person that is always ready to compromise things that I like but does not go along with what I believe in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment