Monday 14 November 2011

30-300-30 No. 13


What would you like to study? Describe your academic interests.

            Few years back, I was shocked to hear that a baby that I knew passed away and that was because of his medical condition. I was sad by the sudden death of a baby and wanted to know what exactly was wrong with his health and that was the day when I had a new dream and that was to become a pediatrician. And I know that to fulfill that dream, I have to study hard as well as never lose my hope to help babies like the boy I knew to live a longer life.
            With that dream of mine, I have been particularly interested in science especially Biology. As, biology covers materials that include disorders of the human bodies. I love studying about humans that includes genetics. Recently, I watched a movie called GATTACA and that was about making babies without any defects. And that inspired me even more to work by becoming a pediatrician, especially with helping parents to have perfect babies who would not die living a short life of about a year or so. And to make that dream become possible I know that I have to work hard.
            Knowing just a little from the Biology class that I have been taking fascinates me, and I want to learn more and more about it. For me, Biology seems to be a subject that just reveals the truth about nature and it also sometimes reveals solutions to problems that already exist. And because of the existing problems like the health issue of the baby, I would want to find out solutions for babies that are yet to come with the same issues like the baby I know.
            Because of the dreams that I want to achieve, I am interested in taking Biology particularly the one that includes genetics and is related to human body. And make sure that babies get to see what the world is like.
           
           

No comments:

Post a Comment