Sunday 13 November 2011

13th nov 30-300-30


Hiking to Understanding.

 Longest walk that a man can do is hiking yet; we can learn few things from Hiking. The school that I attend at the moment encourages as well as force the student to go for Hiking. I personally have been to many hikes because of this school and I have learned about important things that people should know if they are planning on going for hikes.
            One of the many things I learned during hiking is that Hiking is tiring and boring if you are forced when you do not want to go, but at the same time Hiking can be very fun and not tiring at all if you are willing to go. From which I learned that people should go for hiking only when they are willing to walk for hours. People who cannot stand NOT taking showers for many days should not risk themselves to go for hikes because it can be impossible to take showers if you are going for long hikes, especially in the high altitude where there is no one other than your own hiking team.
            I learned that people who love hiking and can tolerate without showers for days also need some tips that I learned from going for hikes. I learned that taking a water bottle with some kind of water purifier is important so that a person does not get sick at night. From my experience in the high altitude, I learned that keeping yourself warm is important at the same time making sure that a person keeps their water bottle inside the sleeping bag at night would prevent from freezing of water for the next day. I also learned an important lesson in the high altitude about how a person should always carry a head light with extra batteries so that if one freezes and stops working then the other battery is there to make sure that the head light works.
            The important lessons in hikes may seem very common but they are very useful for hikes. And personally I would never ever go for hikes when I do not want to. And if I want to go for hikes, I will make sure that my backpack consists of extra batteries, water purifier, warm clothes, and a good sleeping bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment