Friday 11 November 2011


·  You’ve just written a 300-page autobiography. Send us page 217. (University of Pennsylvania)

         She came in screaming, and that was the point that I felt that I had to do something. I was trying my best to think about what would be the best thing to do at that moment. I knew something was going to be terrible no matter what I did. I knew this would be my last chance of showing the world that I was capable of something that no one was.
         I rushed into the area where Jack was sitting and seemed like he was not aware of anything. I tried and asked him about what was going on, yet, he seemed like he was lost. That point I knew that he was going through serious trauma. I tried to call Carrie but her screaming would not stop because of what both Jack and Carrie had to see. I was feeling hopeless, yet I aw some glimpse of hope in the middle of nowhere.
         Jack and Carrie clamed down a little, but now Carrie started crying after all, all of us were lost and we loosed many of our dear friends. I tried making a fire in the middle of nowhere, but it seemed to be impossible, as I could find nothing other than the green trees and footprints of animals. I was scared myself, although I knew that I was the strong one and that I had to save my friends Jack and Carrie no matter what. I went back to see how Jack and Carrie were doing. It was getting dark and we had to get a fire going on to keep ourselves warm. As I had been to lots of camping and learned about outdoor education, I started thinking about what we learned about fire. I realized that using stones was a great idea. I started to light the fire, I knew we had to somehow get rescued. And I decided to make the fire visible so that someone would be able to find us. I tried making it and it did light after all, but no one seemed to be there in that isolated area of the World. Despite the fact that we were tired, I knew that taking turns to sleep was important for our safety issues.
         That was the point when I realized that although, I may be a person who has been educated well enough, and I was helpless without resources. I was unable to do things that I used to think I would do if I were in that situation. And then the night passed by.

No comments:

Post a Comment