Tuesday 29 November 2011

30-300-30 No. 28

If you were guaranteed a steadily improving standard of living (in terms of buying power, free time, quality of goods and services, etc.), would you be willing to give up your right to vote? Explain.
If I was guaranteed a steady improving standard of living but had to give my rights to vote, then I would rather take the right to vote because I think that every vote counts to make the society or the world a better place.
I personally think that being able to vote or the right to vote is a big opportunity to be involved in one’s own country. I would want to have the right to vote so that maybe my vote would count and maybe the party that I support might be the ruler of the country. Like the saying little drops of water make an ocean, likewise each vote has the ability to make a difference in the world.  And having a power, free time, quality food would come automatically after I choose the right to vote, because I would know that the party I knew would be able to accomplish goals such as having good services.
            I am also sure that that having a improving standard of living cannot be guaranteed because it is impossible to do those sorts of things because, there are people with many different tastes. Also, I can guarantee that steady improvement is also impossible because of the things that are going around in the world. And I would be really proud of myself to be a part of the country’s activity and if by any chance that my party would win, then I would feel accomplished. And even if they do not win once, there is always a second chance.
            To give up good standard of living for the right to vote would make me feel very proud and satisfied. At the same time having the right to vote would give me more freedom because it does not mean that I have to vote every time, neither does it mean that I would have a life that is full of junk without good standard of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment